Three words that can best describe myself: Responsible, Passionate, Efficient
My motto: Dare to dream, use 200% effort and make happy products.
My favorite quote: If you follow your passion, you'll never work a day in your life. - Tony Bennett
Bachelor of Science in Design | GPA: 3.83/ 4.0 2013 - Expected 2017
Minor in Design Management
Arizona State Unversity | Herberger Institute Tempe AZ, USA
Dean List: Spring 14 - Fall 16
Fast track program-Associate of Art degree | GPA 3.87 / 4.0 2011 - 2013
Seattle Central Community College, Seattle WA
Dean List All semesters
Creative Design Engineer | Veritiv Corporation, a Unisource Company
June 2017 - Current
• Worked with teams of engineers and designers to come up with designs and bring packaging to mass production, for various fortune 500 companies.
• Sketch, research, propose, devise, and test solutions for design improvements to existing products.
• Lead designer on a project that has since gone to market on store shelves all around the world, for a world recognized beauty brand.
• Use Artios CAD and SolidWorks daily to draw boxes, bags, and template inserts.
• Use Kongsberg cutting table to build prototypes from corrugated and paperboard samples for testings and concept presentations.
• Travel to manufacturing sites to train assembly workers on best practices on how to assemble designed productions.
Industrial Design Intern | Egghead Ventures, LLC
May 2016 - August 2016
Designed physical products and packaging for pet product lines and baby product lines.
Wiz Dog Towel – Premium Dog Towel
• Tasked with designing and building a prototype for a new premium dog towel to be launched as a new product.
• Did market and product research by interviewing pet groomers, pet doctors, pet shelter workers, dog owners, and vets to gather desired requirements.
• Sketched designs and built multiple prototypes via a Juki sewing machine
• Iterated and tested towel designs on model dogs then later real dogs to test comfort, functional use, water absorption rates, and speed of drying for various materials and towel textures. Microfiber was deemed the best material and used in the final design.
• Designed packaging and packaging graphics in photoshop and illustrator.
Wiz Dog Paw Washer
• Tasked with redesigning an existing product, a hard-plastic dog paw washer, to be more comfortable for dog paws while still being mess free for pet owners.
• Sketched, designed, and crafted a dozen soft rubberized prototypes to be sent for manufacturing in China.
Blooming Baby Hooded Towel
• Redesigned packaging for the company’s best-selling product, Blooming Baby Hooded Towel.
• Created new sports themed pattern for the Blooming Bath Lotus using paper and fabric prototypes.
Packaging Designer - Jacana Business Empowerment Feb 2016 - Present
• Designed cooking oil label for a businesswomen who wants to start her cooking oil business in Zambia.
• Researched ways to communicate through graphic to sell the products in her neighborhood and supermarkets in town.
SKILLS & SOFTWARE KNOWLEGE
2016 Spring Design Excellence Nominee | SLI - Dremel Power tool
The Herberger Institute Showcase (2014)
Submitted Photographs to the exhibition of the Herberger Institute, which was partnering with ASU’s Night of the Open Door, a premiere event that offers a window into the creative energy that powers ASU.
Friends of the Orphans (2012)
Edited photographs of orphans sent from Africa and Mexico to produce a slide-show. The slide-show was presented to a fundraising event to help orphan children.
Vietnamese - Native | English - Proficient | French - Beginner
Traveling | Kayaking | Horse Riding | Photography | Drawing | Reading